Job Advertisement – English Ministry Lead Pastor
About the Company
The Austral-Asian Christian Church (AACC) is a fast-growing evangelical church located in the heart of Adelaide. As one of Adelaide’s first Chinese migrant churches of 45 years, AACC continues to grow and change as society continues to become more multi-cultural.
The staff and volunteers at AACC are passionate to see future generations live and thrive in their contexts.
About the Role
Due to a fast-growing English congregation, an exciting new role has been created for an experienced pastor to join our team and lead the English ministry into healthy and vibrant living. The English Ministry Lead Pastor will build a diverse community that celebrates its context, stories, and experiences. They will also create a place of worship for the present and future generations.
What you’ll do:
- Coordinate and collaborate with staff and volunteers in worship ministry
- Coordinate the English-speaking children’s ministry
- Preach the Word of God on a regular basis
- Provide pastoral care for the congregation and community members
- Collaborate with the Senior pastor to accomplish church missions
- Provide leadership training and discipleship to volunteers and ministry members
- Collaborate with pastoral staff to develop long-term pathways for next generations
- Perform evangelistic and outreach activities
Skills and Experience
- Ideally several years of paid experience in Christian pastoral ministry
- Holder of at least a bachelor’s degree in Christian Theology (or equivalent)
- A team player who is willing to collaborate with the greater church body
- Demonstrated understanding of cultures and values different to their own, and willingness to learn about different cultures and values
- Demonstrated experience in working collaboratively in a team
- Demonstrated effective time management and organisational skills
- Passion for pastoral care
- Experience in mentoring and disciple making
- Has the right to abode and work in Australia
- Familiar with the Australian and Chinese culture (desirable)
- Able to provide worship training (desirable)
If you would like to find out more about the role or have any questions, please contact Alan on 0411 779 577 or Rev. Zephaniah Yu on 0400 883 633. Alternatively, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website at english.aaccsa.org.au.
To apply, please send a cover letter and your résumé addressed to Rev. Zephaniah Yu at email@example.com by 19th September 2021.